Article Database - Topic: 'Recruitment' - Keyword: 'Advertising'

 
Job ad for “happy” employee banned Publication date: 24.09.2020
Article database » Recruitment » Advertising
The Department for Work and Pensions has banned an employer’s job ad seeking a “happy” employee. It claimed that the word “happy” is unlawful and cannot be used when recruiting. Is this true?
More
A conversation with the current postholder Publication date: 03.07.2019
Article database » Recruitment » Advertising
You’ve seen a job ad which offered all interested candidates “an informal chat with the current postholder”. Is this suggestion legal and should you offer the same possibility when you next have a job vacancy?
More
Q&A - job ads and minimum experience Publication date: 24.08.2018
Article database » Recruitment » Advertising
Q&A - job ads and minimum experience..Q. When we advertise a job role, can we specify a minimum number of years’ experience? A. Requiring a job applicant to have a minimum number of years’ experience isn’t automatically unlawful. That said, it is potentially indirectly discriminatory on the grounds of age as younger candidates are less likely...
More
Job ads: keeping things British Publication date: 20.10.2017
Article database » Discrimination » Race discrimination
Several employers have been referred to the Government Equalities Office after they posted job ads specifying “no EU nationals” or “British workers only”. Why is this wrong?
More
Can we insist on a full driving licence? Publication date: 09.02.2017
Article database » Recruitment » Discrimination
You’re about to advertise a new job role and it would be really helpful if the post holder could drive. Is it okay to state that “all applicants must hold a full driving licence” or could such wording be discriminatory?
More
Avoiding discriminatory job ads Publication date: 24.03.2016
Article database » Discrimination » Discrimination
Avoiding discriminatory job ads..Discriminatory wording. Under the Equality Act 2010 it’s unlawful for you to place or publish a discriminatory job ad and you could easily end up in the tribunal if you do so. Unfortunately though, this important legal requirement is widely misunderstood by many employers. For example, the no discrimination rule doesn’t...
More
Flooded with job applications Publication date: 22.10.2015
Article database » Recruitment » Recruitment
You need to advertise a job vacancy and suspect that it will attract a large number of applications. However, you don’t want to spend ages trawling through each one unless you absolutely have to. So what’s the answer?
More
Job ads and flexible working Publication date: 29.06.2015
Article database » Flexible working » Flexible working
According to research, only 6% of job ads mention that the employer offers flexible working. This suggests that the other 94% are doing something wrong. Must flexible working actually be referred to in job ads?
More
Jobs with “genuine occupational requirements” Publication date: 23.04.2015
Article database » Discrimination » Discrimination
As a general rule, employers can’t aim job ads at a particular group - they must be open to everyone. However, this rule doesn’t apply where a role has a “genuine occupational requirement”. Where might this arise?
More
Responding to speculative CVs Publication date: 15.12.2014
Article database » Recruitment » CVs
Employers often receive CVs that have been sent in on a speculative basis, either by a recruitment agency or a job seeker. How can you reject unsolicited applications safely?
More

Filter results

Filter your search results by resource type or topic/keyword.

Topics and keywords

        Show all (5350)
Last updated: 22.01.2021
Search
employers-advice.co.​uk

More from Indicator - FL Memo Ltd